Untitled

Monday, September 21, 2009

Sometimes I feel like I'm just a piano-playing shell to my mother. Sometimes I feel like I'm being suffocated under pressure. And other times, I'm holding strong.

I wish I could tell her how I feel. How I wish that she would tell me to write a story for her instead of practising piano. How I wish she would be proud of the fact that I want to be a writer. How I wish she could understand the insecurities I feel when I cannot run as fast as the average Grade 9. How I wish that she could accept me as I am. How I wish I was brave enough to say this all to her.

Almost everyday I wonder when I'll crack in front of my friends. Always, I have been able to hold it in until I was alone. But everyday my barrier gets weaker and my smile more fake. My poetry darker, and my writing sadder. I wonder if I'll have the strength to stay happy all my life. Probably not.

People are imperfect. We were made this way, but sometimes I wish I were perfect. Prettier. Smarter. Sportier. Skinnier. Happier.

It's hard for me, but when I think of all the other children in the world with less privileges than I have, I start to feel ashamed of myself. That is the reason why I keep myself quiet. My sadness is nothing major compared to those without parents at all...but sometimes I wonder if I would be happier as an orphan. If life is meant to be hard, scary, and completely tiring, I wonder why it exists at all.

I do not want my friends to pity me, just as I do not wish for my parents to go back together. If a couple falls out of love, it is unlikely they'll fall back in. And I don't want to force them. Pain occurs to everyone and that is why I wish I wasn't so weak. Something so minor should not make me tremble. Something so minor should not make me cry. Something so minor is not something I should even be depressed about. But I am. That's the hardest thing for me to understand. Why? Why do I fall into despair over such a minor matter? I have found only one explanation. I am a human. Humans can be weak. I wish I couldn't.

Everyone knows that I love stuff animals. Though I'm sure no one knows why. Although they're cute, soft, and cuddly, I wouldn't mark that down as my main reason why I love them. I love them because they provide comfort to me when I need to cry. So when I'm depressed, giving me a stuffed animal does not help me cheer up. It only makes me want to cry.

1 comment:

Moonlight said...

I hadn't stumbled upon this blog of yours until you mentioned it on your post.
Shame too since it has more of your writing and for some reason I can't even explain (well not true I probably can)reading your posts makes me feel warm.
I think it's because you sound a lot like I was in high school, just that you express it better in your writing.

I don't know you personally but I think you're perfect as you are. Though I get if you just didn't want to be you sometimes. I mean, we're only human.
Most of the time we're happy when we don't think about it. When happiness is the last thing on our mind and we're just busy doing and enjoying. Not thinking. But it's very evasive. At least it's something I've realized throughout the years.

Anyway, yeah those are my 2 cents, though it feels more like a quarter and I don't accept change back ;)

Post a Comment